Emergency Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Wednesday · May 23, 2018
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (West Haven) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- How is the pension funded?
- Perform evaluations, stabilization and treatment on initial encounter with unscheduled, emergency and urgent care patients.
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System seeks a full time Emergency Department attending physician for clinical work predominantly at the Newington Campus Urgent Care facility with occasional Emergency Department coverage at the main campus in West Haven CT.
- 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- In addition to our main campuses, we operate six community-based primary care centers throughout the state.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Disability Retirement.
- BC or BE in Emergency Medicine highly preferred but Family and Internal Medicine Physicians with significant ER experience will be considered.
- Attend physician meetings as well as ED staff meetings.
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Full time ED attending physician for clinical work, predominantly at the Newington Campus Urgent Care facility with occasional ED coverage at the main campus in West Haven CT.
- Evaluations to determine medical stability and suitability for care of patients with behavioral health emergencies in both the West Haven Psychiatry ED (a free standing, separately staffed behavioral health ED) and local non-VA mental health facilities.
- It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology and a renowned research program.
- Participate on committees of the Medical staff.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in West Haven, CT.
- Your inquiry will be handled in confidence.
- Unrestricted License (any state) with no history of suspension or revocation.
- Seeking Emergency Room/Urgent Care Physician to Care for our Veterans.
- Affiliated with Yale University School of Medicine.
- The West Haven campus is a level 1A facility and Primary Care/Specialty clinics with a 24/7 Emergency Department that receives ambulances form the surrounding community and has an annual census of approximately 14,000 visits and is a major academic affiliate of Yale University.
- Newington is an ambulatory care center that provides primary and specialty care.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits (pension).
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- West Haven - May include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Order appropriate routine diagnostic tests and x-ray studies necessary to complete the evaluation.
- Both units primarily serve a defined population of CT Veterans, approximately 55,000 with an Emergency Department caseload composed primarily of adult medicine/surgery and behavioral health urgencies with very few pediatric and obstetric presentations.
- Coordinate patient treatment plans involving Primary Care and specialists as appropriate.
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System.
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System was officially formed in 1995 to serve veterans in Connecticut and southern New England.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Comprehensive health care is provided through primary, acute, tertiary and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics and extended care.
- United States Citizenship.
- Newington is a free standing urgent care facility housed with a large primary care service as well as selected medical/surgical specialty clinics with an annual workload of 6,000 patients/year.
- Provide physician oversight to ED nursing staff and other ED mid-levels.
- Newington, Connecticut.
- So, if the challenges and rewards of caring for our veterans is something you'd like to know more about, Email your full CV and cover letter to Don Rainwater, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant for VA New England Healthcare System.
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Newington campus Monday- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Newington is located in the greater Hartford area and has a lot to offer.
- Official hours of operation at Newington are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the facility is currently closed on weekends and federal holidays.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- The West Haven facility is a tertiary care facility classified as a Clinical Referral Level I Facility.
- Approximately 10% of patients are admitted to the VA at the main campus or to local community hospitals.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Coordinate transfers of urgent care patients from the Newington facility to VA or community hospitals for appropriate care.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- The facility supports clinical education of medical students and residents from University of Connecticut.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago