Emergency Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Monday · October 15, 2018
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Northampton) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Excellent opportunity to join a well-established emergency medicine department in Western Massachusetts.
- Since 1885, the Cooley Dickinson Health Care system has successfully employed the brightest, most dedicated clinicians in medicine.
- Oversight of Advanced Practice Clinicians with a focus on education & quality improvement.
- Located along the banks of the Connecticut River in New England, the Pioneer Valley in western Massachusetts extends up the Connecticut River from Hartford, Connecticut to Springfield, Massachusetts and northwards.
- The system is comprised of the Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Cooley Dickinson Medical Group, and VNA & Hospice.
- Setting annual quality goals.
- Co-chair ED quality committee.
- Associate Emergency Medicine Medical Director - Northampton, MA.
- Attend Acep Directors Academy.
- M.D. or D.O. degree with current Massachusetts medical license (or able to obtain prior to employment) and board certified.
- The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system is seeking a board certified physician leader to join our Emergency Medicine Department as the Associate Medical Director.
- The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system, an affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital, has a medical staff of approximately 500 active members (physicians and advanced practice clinicians).
- The Cooley Dickinson Medical Group (Cdmg), the fastest growing part of the system, consists of approximately 74 physicians and 37 advanced practice clinicians who provide care at 11 locations.
- The VNA & Hospice averages 56,500 home care visits and serves an average of 400 hospice patients per year.
- Attending Cooley Dickinson Hospital System-wide Quality & Safety Committee meetings with periodic presentations on ED.
- The system's 140-bed hospital annually admits 8600 patients, treats 34,000 emergency patients and delivers approximately 600 babies.
- The Pioneer Valley is known as the Knowledge Corridor and is famous for its beautiful scenery, unspoiled nature, recreational facilities, and the quality of life it offers.
- Supportive leadership and administrative infrastructure.
- Cover for Chief/Medical Director if ED presence is necessary and s/he is otherwise unavailable.
- Stroke program coordination in conjunction with RN and Quality staff as well as Intensivists.
- With over 34,000 annual emergency room visits, we are a busy 140 community hospital, located in the heart of the Pioneer Valley.
- Competitive salaries and benefit programs.
- FTE Split: 25% Administrative/ 75% Clinical (1250 hours annually).
- Attending Msqic, a monthly hospital level committee meeting that reviews complex or otherwise complicated multidisciplinary cases.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Master's degree in business or healthcare management.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Northampton, MA.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago