Emergency Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Saturday · February 16, 2019
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
This emergency medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Northampton) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system is seeking a board certified physician leader to join our Emergency Medicine Department as the Associate Medical Director.
- Competitive salaries and benefit programs.
- M.D. or D.O. degree with current Massachusetts medical license (or able to obtain prior to employment) and board certified.
- The system is comprised of the Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Cooley Dickinson Medical Group, and VNA & Hospice.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Master's degree in business or healthcare management.
- Supportive leadership and administrative infrastructure.
- With over 34,000 annual emergency room visits, we are a busy 140 community hospital, located in the heart of the Pioneer Valley.
- Associate Emergency Medicine Medical Director - Northampton, MA.
- Cover for Chief/Medical Director if ED presence is necessary and s/he is otherwise unavailable.
- The VNA & Hospice averages 56,500 home care visits and serves an average of 400 hospice patients per year.
- FTE Split: 25% Administrative/ 75% Clinical (1250 hours annually).
- Oversight of Advanced Practice Clinicians with a focus on education & quality improvement.
- Attending Cooley Dickinson Hospital System-wide Quality & Safety Committee meetings with periodic presentations on ED.
- Attend Acep Directors Academy.
- Co-chair ED quality committee.
- Physician - Emergency Medicine Job in Northampton, MA.
- Stroke program coordination in conjunction with RN and Quality staff as well as Intensivists.
- The Cooley Dickinson Medical Group (Cdmg), the fastest growing part of the system, consists of approximately 74 physicians and 37 advanced practice clinicians who provide care at 11 locations.
- Located along the banks of the Connecticut River in New England, the Pioneer Valley in western Massachusetts extends up the Connecticut River from Hartford, Connecticut to Springfield, Massachusetts and northwards.
- The Pioneer Valley is known as the Knowledge Corridor and is famous for its beautiful scenery, unspoiled nature, recreational facilities, and the quality of life it offers.
- Setting annual quality goals.
- Attending Msqic, a monthly hospital level committee meeting that reviews complex or otherwise complicated multidisciplinary cases.
- Excellent opportunity to join a well-established emergency medicine department in Western Massachusetts.
- Since 1885, the Cooley Dickinson Health Care system has successfully employed the brightest, most dedicated clinicians in medicine.
- The system's 140-bed hospital annually admits 8600 patients, treats 34,000 emergency patients and delivers approximately 600 babies.
- The Cooley Dickinson Health Care system, an affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital, has a medical staff of approximately 500 active members (physicians and advanced practice clinicians).
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 16.